Privacy And Cookies Policy
We take your privacy very seriously and we are open and transparent about how we handle your personal information in relation to GDPR. For full details of your rights regarding the Global Data Protection Regulations, please visit https://gdpr.eu for more information.
- Data Processor processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers to process your data more effectively. In this case, it is Google Analytics, Google Ads via Search Kit, Meta Pixel and Search Console. We also use Mail Chimp for customer databases and newsletters.
- Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data. This is anyone who consents to using our website.
How We Use Your Information
Personal Information That You Give Us
- Information that you provide to us via our web form such as your full name, phone number and email address.
- We use your business email address to respond to any of your queries that you send to us.
- We use your email address if you have expressed interest in any roles, we have available.
Technical Data And Information Collected Automatically
When you use and interact with our website and services, we receive and store information generated by your activity, like usage data and other information automatically collected from your browser or mobile device. We use Google Analytics to collect details of visitor behaviour patterns across our website. This helps us to evaluate and improve our services and products for you and to make our website more accessible.
We may collect information including your IP address, operating system, location data, details about your browser, page views and preferred language. This information is anonymous and is only processed in a way that doesn’t identify anyone. You can opt-out here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We will also be able to see date and time you accessed the site and any areas of the site you have visited. We may also log the length of time of your visits and the number of times you visit
We have linked Google Ads to Search Console so that we can see how our ads and organic search listings perform, both alone and together. This helps us adjust budgets or keywords based on our organic results. We use this additional data to provide insight and reporting into keywords that otherwise would not be available. Meta Pixel for Facebook is a piece of code that we have placed on our website that helps us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising and to understand the actions people take on our website. We can measure conversions from Facebook Ads, optimise ads, build targeted audiences for future adverts, and retarget people who have previously interacted with the website. We use Facebook Pixel to analyse people’s journeys, whereas Google Analytics provides us with greater capabilities for understanding how each distribution channel feeds our website and goals.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your device when you visit our website. We collect this data to give you the best web browsing experience possible on our site. Cookies also enhance our website performance in several ways, including providing a secure way for us to verify your identity during your visit to our website. Cookies help us understand our clients better so that we can provide a more focused user experience. We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- Identifying returning users.
- Enabling customers to move more easily around our site.
- Analysing usage trends and building up an anonymous profile based on customer browsing patterns across our site.
Some examples of Cookies we use include:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
You can choose to opt out of using cookies by disabling them in your web browser’s settings. You don’t need to turn cookies on to use our website (however certain features and content may not be available to you). More information about cookies can be found at www.cookiecentral.com/faq.
Communication You Have With Us
This is any communication data that you send to us through email, contact form, telephone, or any other method. Any information emailed to us is stored on our mail server allowing us to respond to your query via email or telephone (should this be provided). When we collect this from you, we do this so that you can expect the best possible customer service from us. We use your email address to respond to any questions or to follow-up with correspondence. We store your communication and your replies for up to 5 years for any future reference. That way any historical records can be better understood by our staff when responding to your queries.
We will never use your email address to send any unsolicited messages or information or sell it to third parties. If you have contacted us about a freelancing opportunity, we may contact you from time to time to let you know any new career opportunities and prospects within the business. From time to time we may email you to let you know any new services we think you would be interested in through our newsletters. If you do not consent to this, then you have the right to opt-out by letting us know. Once your request has been accepted please wait 48 hours for the changes to take effect.
Why We Collect Your Data
- To provide, monitor and improve any service we offer to you.
- To analyse your use of our website.
- To monitor and record calls for quality, training, and related purposes to improve any service we offer you.
- To prevent and detect fraud against you or us.
- To operate and ensure the security of our website.
- To process Personal Data to provide services to you.
- To notify you of any changes to our website.
- To gain access to various forms of reporting and data so that we can understand and improve our search traffic.
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To protect and defend the rights of our company.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service.
- To protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public.
- To protect against legal liability.
Links To Other Sites
Third Parties And Service Providers
We do our best to safeguard your personal information and explain to you why and how we use your data. We do not sell any of your Personal Data to any third party – including your name, address, and email address. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is essential to do that.
We will always ask you for consent and inform you of what Personal Data we need to provide the service provider to access their relevant services. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. We share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you such as:
- An SSL certificate provider to validate your identity.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
- Companies approved by you such as social media sites.
- Meta Pixel for Facebook to measure the effectiveness of our advertising and to understand the actions people take on our website.
- Google Analytics enable data collection, analysis, monitoring, visualisation, reporting and integration with other applications.
- Mail Chimp to store all our email correspondence.
The security of our data is extremely important to us, and we take extreme precaution when safeguarding the personal information, you provide to us. We do our best to adhere to appropriate technical and organisational measures.
- All the information you give us is protected by a secure server.
- We have procedures in place to deal with suspected Personal Data breaches and we will notify you if we are legally required to do so.
- We keep your information safe by securing our networks and systems with up-to-date security mechanisms such as software and hardware firewalls, system monitoring, encryption, and anti-virus software on all our systems.
- Whilst we do our best to ensure security, we cannot 100% guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- We take organisational measures and train our staff;we limit access to personal data to only those employees in the organisation who need it.
- If we have a data breach, we will let all our data subjects know this within 72 hours.
How Long We Retain Information About You
We may ask you to provide us with additional documentation to verify your identity before we action any of these requests.
- You have the right to access and ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you.
- You have the right to request us to erase, restrict and stop processing certain data we have about you.
- You have the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- You have the right to correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- You have the right to opt-out of receiving newsletters.
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Changes To This Policy
If you have any questions, then please contact us. Thank you for your support and continued use of our services.
This policy was last updated in April 2022.
Lets Continue The Conversation
Understanding what each business needs and a personal approach are essential to our methods. EQ Internet delivers this through a detailed examination of your business niche, a bespoke plan for your online presence and dedicated service throughout the whole process.